Patti Smith headlines Thursday Night at Green man 2013!!

Good Afternoon!

I'm thrilled to announce that legend, Patti Smith, with be joining us at Green Man this year! Patti will be headlining on THURSDAY (15th Aug) NIGHT and this will be her only festival appearance this summer. Support on the night comes from the brilliant Matt Berry, The Mekons founder Jon Langford, & hotly-tipped Bella Union band, Money!!

http://www.greenman.net/news/we-are-delighted-announce-patti-smith-fourt...

Woof Woof!!
Wx

Can't wait - my first Green Man! Will be right at the front on Thursday night. 

Thank you Walter!

I can't believe I am so lucky to see such a legend playing at my first Green Man! I am very excited about it!!

Can't wait for GM13 now that the legend that is Patti Smith has been announced...hurry up August

this obviously fucking rules

do we know, though, whether it's the full band?  or just patti and tony shanahan doing their 'words and music' thing?

both are great - but i'd prefer the former!

She's playing in Glasgow on 12th Aug, billed as 'An Evening of Words and Music' with Tony Shanahan.

Saw her in Amsterdam about 15 years ago in a very intimate setting with a tiny crowd and it still rates as one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

I don't care who she turns up with..... PATTI SMITH!!!!

Fantastic news!

My biggest disappointment of last year was failing to get to Patti's Cardiff gig due to travel disruption - this more than makes up for it.

Great to see the Thursday night developing even further this year.

I was just starting to get used to how good the line up was this year, and then Walter goes and tops it...again!  A legend a day keeps the [fill in as required] away...  Wow, that would be an interesting meeting of minds...Julian Cope, John Cale and Patti Smith!

What an incredible addition to the line-up! Thank you! This has really made this year's line-up even more special : )

Agreeg with you aboy M O N E Y Ray... Sounding really really good : )

Walter has really spoiled it for all those that like to moan about the line-up being a bit meh (as the kids say nowadays) this year. Where have all the curmudgeons gone? It's getting so ridiculously good now that I wouldn't even put it past him to guarantee the weather will be fine this year