I noticed this year that I was not as impressed with the beards. It's not that the beards weren't there, or were not cool, but that everyone has a beard nowadays. In fact, I think it's been claimed that we have reached 'Peak Beard;. How do you pioneers feel about this blatant theft of intellectual fashion property?
Anyway, thoughts on festival. It was a cracker. Despite havig some kind of stomach bug for the first 48 hours I had a really good time. I didn't really see hardly anyone I meant to because of just going with the flow. So I'll just saying the following
- The Waterboys doing a coer of Deacon Blue was a surpise
- Mercury Rev got some awful feedback all the way through their set, but it was good
- Holly Burn is the least funny comedian ever. Really really bad! It was cringeworthy.
- Reeps one makes some crazy noises with his mouth.
- Bear and Boy are very good
- Neko Case was fun
More considered thoughts when I have put my back back together and had some sleep! So glad I have arranged to do the Pyg Trail tomorrow!